Why Would You Need Water Removal In South Florida?
SERVPRO Extracts Water to Salvage a South Miami Water Damaged Property
The reason you need to have water removal in your Miami water damaged home is because it is not following the rules. There is much water outside, and it needs to stay outside of your home or stay contained in the pipes. Your South Miami house should not have to be subject to water removal except in an emergency situation.
Water needs to be extracted when it comes in through a leaking roof during one of those relatively frequent storms that come in off of the Atlantic. Hurricanes can drop much water, and it does not ask you if it is all right. There are the leaking pipes, faucets and water heaters that also can deposit unwanted water and it always comes at the wrong time.
Rapid water removal is necessary to mitigate damage to the structure of your house or condo. It can absorb into drywall and wood items. It can warp wood floors and create an unpleasant odor. It also increases the moisture level (RH) of the entire house which helps to bring another unwanted factor into your home. That would be mold.
There are some tasks you can do for this water removal in your South Miami home, and these things can help prevent the spread of the mold, but only if these are done as quickly as possible after noticing this water.
1. Things such as furniture that are damaged by water can be removed from the house and placed in dry place.
2. Throw rugs can be taken out and treated the same way.
3. If the leaking is coming from a pipe or other appliance, the water should be turned off at the curb.
4. All doorways and windows can be opened to get some air circulating throughout the place. This ventilation can help freshen the air and aid in the evaporation process to hasten drying.
5. Fans can be placed to help in evaporating the moisture.
6. You can begin the process with a commercially available wet-vac designed for vacuuming water. Start in areas with the smallest amount of water and work toward the source.
Since water can go everywhere, the potential for damage to all building materials is very great. The faster your water damage is eliminated and your home dried the less secondary damage from water will result. Save your effort and money by calling in a professional water damage restoration company like SERVPRO of Cutler Bay to solve your problems. They will rush to Cutler Bay, Miami, and South Miami to help. Call this number 24/7 for help. (305) 278-8484.