What Do I Need To Know Before Hiring Mold Removal Help In Cutler Bay?
Any Business or Home in Cutler Bay Can End Up Needed Mold Remediation – Here is What You Should Know
Anywhere you have moisture and high humidity, you can have mold. Since the mold spores are all around you, there is no escaping them. Most of the time, they are harmless. But when the spores bond with water, you get mold growth. SERVPRO has professional mold remediation techs in Cutler Bay that are trained to clean up the mold.
Do I Need a Mold Inspection?
If you own your home, the answer is no. If you can see mold or smell it, you have a problem. If you are buying a home, you might want to hire a certified mold inspector. If you own a business, you may need an industrial hygienist (IH) to formally diagnose the problem and propose a plan for the restoration company. Mold remediation isn’t always as complicated as it can seem. A good mold remediation company in Cutler Bay takes you through the process and should be competitively priced.
What Should I Look for in a Mold Remediation Specialist?
First off, they should always have the proper certification. SERVPRO’s technicians are the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified and trained as Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT). Your local guidelines may also require specific mold licensing under the contractor’s license.
The business you hire should be able to outline the mold removal process in a way you can clearly understand. If they confuse you or try to scare you into hiring them, walk away. Other things to look for include:
• Personal Protective Equipment – PPE should always be worn when working with mold. A high-quality filtration mask and the appropriate gloves are a must. For larger projects and remediation that uses harsh chemicals, full protective suits may be needed.
• Containment – Mold professionals use things like plastic sheeting to seal off the affected area to stop the mold spores from traveling to other areas of the home.
• Professional Equipment – The equipment used should be designed for the job, HEPA vacuums, HEPA air scrubbers, and commercial dehumidifiers at not things the average handyman has.
• Air Purification – Once the mold is removed, the air needs to be cleaned to remove airborne mold spores. A combination of air exchange and air scrubbers get used to do this job. HEPA filters should be used as they are designed to catch the microscopic spores.
• Proper Disposal – Professionals should dispose of porous materials such as insulation, drywall, and baseboards that are moldy. Porous materials absorb water and mold, making them difficult, if not impossible, to clean. These items are relatively inexpensive to replace.
• Antimicrobial Cleaners – Once the controlled demolition and removal of affected elements has occurred, any remaining mold spots or stains get treated with these cleaners. Fungicides get used as well.
• Sealers or Encapsulants – To prevent the return of mold and make the area more water-resistant, sealants and encapsulants may be used. This can help with the odors as well.
Dealing with Moisture
If you have a mold problem, you have a moisture problem as well. The professionals search out the source of the moisture and address it. Often the source is visible, like a kitchen sink pipe leak, but may be hidden. Moisture detectors and sensors get used in locating wet areas not easily seen. Once the containment is in place, and the mold, along with infected materials, is removed, the area is dried.
Mold Remediation Experience
Before employing a mold removal company, make sure they have experience handling situations involving mold. SERVPRO has years of experience in mitigating all kinds of mild infestations. From mold beneath your kitchen sink to an entire home that sat all winter with a burst pipe, our team has seen it all and provided professional mold remediation. Our Green Team technicians have both the IICRC and AMRT certifications. They are continually undergoing training to keep abreast of the latest cleaning and restoration techniques involving water, fire, and mold damage.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Not only does SERVPRO have well-trained and certified technicians, but we are fast to the scene. The longer the delay in addressing the situation, the more damage that is done. Our technicians are available twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week. We come to you even if it is a holiday. We understand you need your home in good repair, and our goal is to leave it “Like it never even happened.”
Mold can damage the content and structural elements of a home. It can cause health effects. Get mold remediation help right away if you see or smell mold in your home. If you have water leaks or think you have hidden water damage contact us immediately to prevent secondary problems such as mold and mildew.
Contact SERVPRO of Cutler Bay at (305) 278-8484 today for more information.