If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (305) 278-8484

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Crucial Mold Information for Homeowners

10/10/2016 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation Crucial Mold Information for Homeowners If you think that you have a mold problem, call SERVPRO to assess and remediate!

Mold Damage Can Affect Your Home Quickly

Mold can wreak havoc on your home and cause health effects. In only a few years, it can cause significant damage to your home and personal property. Which is why if you discover you have a mold problem, it needs to be handled by professionals such as SERVPRO as soon as possible.

Mold damage in Princeton can be quite serious if it is not handled promptly, and it is a good idea that you also understand things about mold itself, how it grows and what it can do to your home if left alone. It is always a good idea to have professionals come in as well to clean up the mold.

Mold eats organic materials, which includes fabrics, dust, fiberglass resins, drywall, dyes, glue, wallpaper, wood, paint or anything else that can keep it growing. It can also live in the cold. Have you ever found mold in your refrigerator? It has been shown through research that as long as the temperature is higher than forty degrees Fahrenheit, mold can grow and spread.

Mold also grows very quickly. It can start growing in your home in as little as twenty-four to forty-eight hours when there is a moisture problem present, with a billion spores growing on just one foot of drywall. Mold can also lead to insurance problems. With so many thousands of lawsuits that are related to mold being filed, a majority of general liability and property insurance companies now do not include mold insurance in their policies.

Mold will destroy your home, dramatically lowering the overall value of it. Mold can easily lead to structural damage to your home, costing you thousands in damages. Plus, exposure to mold spores can happen through ingestion, inhalation, and direct skin contact. Mold can cause health effects, even when the spores are dead. Worst of all, mold is sneaky and can grow behind drywall panels, in fiberglass insulation, and behind wallpaper. Just because you cannot see the problem, does not mean that one does not exist. This is another reason you need our professional technicians at SERVPRO to clean up your home’s mold damage.


Do you have a problem with mold in your home? Even if you believe it is a small problem, make sure to call us at SERVPRO of Cutler Bay right away so that we can come and appropriately assess the mold damage in your home. We are available any time of day and any day of the year by calling (305) 278-8484.

Other News

View Recent Posts