Crucial Mold Information for Cutler Ridge Homeowners
Mold Damage Can Affect Your Cutler RidgeHome Quickly
Mold can wreak havoc on your home and cause health effects. In a short time, it can cause significant damage to your home and personal property. This is why if you discover you have a mold problem, it needs to be handled by professionals such as SERVPRO as soon as possible.
Mold damage in Cutler Ridge can be quite serious if it is not handled promptly, and it is a good idea that you also understand things about mold itself, how it grows, and what it can do to your home if left alone. It is always a good idea to have professionals come in as well to clean up the mold.
Mold consumes organic materials, which include fabrics, dust, fiberglass resins, drywall, dyes, glue, wallpaper, wood, paint, or anything else that can keep it growing. It can also live in the cold. Have you ever found mold in your refrigerator? It has been shown through research that as long as the temperature is higher than forty degrees Fahrenheit, mold can grow and spread.
Mold also grows very quickly. It can start growing in your home in as little as twenty-four to forty-eight hours when there is a moisture problem present, with a billion spores growing on just one foot of drywall. Mold can also lead to insurance problems. With so many thousands of lawsuits that are related to mold being filed, a majority of general liability and property insurance companies now do not include mold insurance in their policies.
Mold can destroy your home, dramatically lowering its overall value. Plus, exposure to mold spores can happen through ingestion, inhalation, and direct skin contact. Mold can cause health effects, even when the spores are dead. Worst of all, mold is sneaky and can grow behind drywall panels, in fiberglass insulation, and behind wallpaper. Just because you cannot see the problem, does not mean that one does not exist. This is another reason you need our professional technicians at SERVPRO to clean up your home’s mold damage.
Do you have a problem with mold in your home? Even if you believe it is a small problem, make sure to call us at SERVPRO of Cutler Bay right away so that we can come and appropriately assess the mold damage in your home. We are available any time of day and any day of the year by calling (786) 699-8194.