Musty Odors in a Cutler Bay Home can Indicate Mold
Cutler Bay SERVPRO Remediation Techs Can Clean Mold Colonies and Spores with 24-Hour Services
Mold damage can easily be identified, even by the untrained nose, by its uniquely stale odor, typically in humid, warm rooms. Combined with limited ventilation, these conditions can allow microbes to spread quickly through a Cutler Bay property. Homeowners are advised to avoid DIY remediation solutions to prevent inadvertently spreading mold spores.
Cutler Bay SERVPRO mold remediation professionals are trained in mold cleanup and related disciplines, including water mitigation. This education and training, which abides by Institute of inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards, ensures that property owners receive thorough remediation services per their insurance policy.
Identifying the Early Signs of Mold Growth
Homes that have suffered pipe leaks or appliance issues that have allowed excess water to penetrate the property can have microbial growth in as little as 24 hours after the initial exposure. However, many water damage incidents linger longer than this due to their scale or location. Residents may not be aware that an issue is present until spores have spread significantly.
Early signs of excess microbial growth include:
- A highly distinct, musty smell
- Dark green, brown, or black spots or stains on walls, ceilings, or other contents
- Condensation or higher levels of humidity compared to other areas of the home
- Water stains on surfaces in the residence that do not dry
- Slow-drying moisture in areas with low ventilation
These warning signs can all point to mold contamination that can cause damage to a building's structure and contents without thorough remediation. While restoration teams cannot guarantee total mold removal due to spores existing in all spaces, they can lower mold populations to levels comparable to or lower than pre-contamination conditions.
SERVPRO can also render structural repairs and replacement services that return the affected property to a pre-mold state. This added service lowers the risk of microbial proliferation even more than just cleaning surfaces and removing debris.
SERVPRO's Constant Availability Lowers Property Damage Due to Mold
SERVPRO restoration techs are ready to respond to homeowners' calls 24 hours a day, every day of the week. This availability includes weekends and holidays because disasters do not occur conveniently.
This response is highly beneficial for a variety of reasons, including:
- A faster response minimizes damage to belongings and structures and stops further mold growth
- IICRC Certified SERVPRO restoration professionals can safely remove spores from the property without the risk of secondary damages that can sometimes result from DIY solutions
- Technicians coordinate with homeowners and insurance adjusters to remove unsalvageable belongings and streamline claims filing
- SERVPRO also renders specialized cleaning services that target materials homeowners may be unsure how to clean
- SERVPRO's detection tools can reveal the full extent of mold growth before remediation and perform a more thorough cleanup.
After performing an inspection of the affected area and formulating a restoration plan, technicians can establish containment for microbes and lower air pressure in contaminated rooms. These alterations prevent spores from traveling through doorways or vents and enable a comprehensive cleanup with EPA-registered biocides and HEPA-filter vacuums.
SERVPRO technicians remediate humid conditions that encourage spore growth with moisture extractors, air movers, and dehumidifiers. They can also implement odor control services to eliminate that unpleasant mold odor, which can linger even in the presence of dead spores.
Homeowners can count on SERVPRO of Cutler Bay to return their property to a "Like it never even happened" condition when they call (305) 278-8484.