If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (305) 278-8484

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Palmetto Bay's Expert Mold Damage Team

1/25/2018 (Permalink)

It is important to rely on professional mitigation experts to restore your home after water damage to prevent mold damage from being a future issue.

Water Damage Often Leaves Behind Hidden Mold Damage

Having problems with your home happens to all of us every once in awhile. The worst scenario is when problems occur in your Palmetto Bay house due to an issue that did not get repaired in the first place. Sometimes when fixing a problem, it is easy to overlook issues in some areas.

Whenever your home suffers water damage, it is possible to overlook places water seeps into. This is one reason why calling SERVPRO's mold damage specialists in Palmetto Bay for every water damage scenario is essential. If a water damage problem is not taken care of correctly or at all, the possibility of a mold problem existing in your house becomes more likely.

Sometimes a fungus grows inside a home from water getting into an area and the homeowner not noticing the wet area. Other times a slow leak can exist inside an appliance or water pipe, and you may not notice the water is leaking until fungi have already developed in the region. Mold needs water, an organic food source and the right temperature to develop.

Once mold growth takes place, your house's building materials are at risk. Moreover, once a fungus is present, it can spread to other areas of your house quickly. Fungi reproduce by creating microscopic pores that float in the air and look for another place to grow. The existence of fungi can rot building materials and ruin the structural integrity of your residence. Many types of mold can also cause health effects.

Most of the time mold is detected by the homeowner seeing or smelling it. When fungi are present, they produce a musty odor that at times is noticed throughout the dwelling. It is also possible to see that a fungus exists. Often mold looks like black dots and other times green colors and white fuzz are noticeable.

Whenever anyone thinks there may be any chance at all that their home is mold infested, they should call SERVPRO immediately. Our team of IICRC certified specialists can use top of the line procedures and equipment to mitigate your fungi issue. Even if mold appears invisible, it may still exist and any area that stayed wet for a significant period must get thoroughly and professionally inspected.

Don't take the chance and wonder if you have mold in your house or not. Any suspicion you have that a fungus exists warrants your attention. Don't let a small problem turn big, call SERVPRO of Cutler Bay at (305) 278-8484 for assistance 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

Click here for more information regarding Palmetto Bay.

Other News

View Recent Posts