If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (305) 278-8484

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Why Use Cutler Ridge's Expert Mold Damage Team

2/1/2022 (Permalink)

mold damage along wall of dining room Not all mold damage is visible. Our IICRC trained SERVPRO techs can locate hidden mold damage in your home.

Water Damage Often Leaves Behind Hidden Mold Damage

Having problems with your home happens to all of us every once in a while. The worst scenario is when problems occur in your Cutler Ridge house due to an issue that did not get repaired in the first place. Sometimes, it is easy to overlook the problems in some areas when fixing a problem.

Whenever your home suffers water damage, it is possible to overlook places where water seeps, which is one reason why calling SERVPRO's mold damage specialists in Cutler Ridge for every water damage scenario is essential. If a water damage problem is not taken care of correctly or at all, the possibility of a mold problem existing in your house becomes more likely.

Sometimes a fungus grows inside a home from water getting into an area where the homeowner doesn't notice. Other times a slow leak can exist inside an appliance or water pipe, and you may not see the water is leaking until fungi have already developed in the region. Mold needs moisture, an organic food source, and the right temperature to grow.

Once mold growth takes place, your house's building materials are at risk. Moreover, once a fungus is present, it can quickly spread to other areas of your home. Fungi reproduce by creating microscopic spores that float in the air and look for another place to grow. The existence of fungi can rot building materials and ruin the structural integrity of your residence. Many types of mold can also cause health effects.

Most of the time, mold is detected by the homeowner seeing or smelling it. When fungi are present, they produce a musty odor that, at times, is noticed throughout the dwelling. It is also possible to see that a fungus exists. Often mold looks like black dots, and other times green colors and white fuzz are noticeable.

Whenever anyone thinks there may be any chance that their home is mold infested, they should call SERVPRO immediately. Our team of IICRC certified specialists can use top-of-the-line procedures and equipment to mitigate your fungi issue. Even if mold appears invisible, it may still exist, and any area that stayed wet for a significant period must get thoroughly and professionally inspected.

Don't take the chance and wonder if you have mold in your house or not. Any suspicion you have that a fungus exists warrants your attention. Don't let a seemingly minor problem become a significant issue. Call SERVPRO of Cutler Bay at (305) 278-8484 for assistance 24 hours a day and seven days a week.

Other News

View Recent Posts