Cutler Bay Residents Prepare for this Year's Miami Art Week Opening on December 4th.
December is the month for art and design in Miami, go on out and enjoy the Art District.
The Wynwood Art District Near Cutler Bay Plays Host to a Stunning Celebration of Contemporary Arts and Culture.
Miami Art Week takes place every year between the 3rd and 10th of December. This year's Parallel Exhibition is situated close by to Cutler Bay and opens on December 4th, running until the 23rd. The ArtBasel Show comes to town every winter, bringing thousands of visitors to their contemporary installations. The focus of this year's exhibition is on the Americas and features a unique digital presentation, talks, and gallery viewings. Collections are also being shown in the historic Moore Building, and Nova shows that celebrate the last three years' most influential artists. Miami's Design District is the central hub for many of the exhibitions taking place.
- Preview tickets are available for early viewings of the various works.
- The grand opening is taking place on December 4th and is open to the public.
- Talks and presentations by active artists continue throughout the week and are available both online and in person.
Condos can sustain water damage as harsher weather draws in with the winter months. Contact SERVPRO of Cutler Bay at (305) 278-8484 for assistance.
Event Venue in Miami for Design
If you're into design, we would recommend attending the Design Miami/ Podium: America (s) Event.
The Moore Building Runs Novembers Design Miami/ Podium: America (s) Event at the End of November for Cutler Ridge Residents.
From November 28th until December 6th, the Miami Design District is putting on a unique exhibition that looks at the protean identities of modern America. The show runs for a full ten days and features talks, virtual tours, presentations, and an online design talks webinar. The show opens to the public from midday and closes at 7 pm except on Sundays when the exhibition closes earlier at 5 pm. Works are available to buy through the shop of Design Miami. Travel down to Northeast 40th Street in late November and early December to take in American design's unique identities. Tickets start at $22.50 and provide admittance for one day. The exhibition follows the safety guidelines of the University of Miami Health System.
- Private group viewings are available between 12 pm and 1 pm on each day of the design exhibition.
- Ticket cancellations are refundable or transferable to alternative days.
- The Moore Building was constructed in 1921 and remained an example of Miami's timeless design principles.
The impact of weather conditions and tropical storms can cause severe harm to your property. Contact SERVPRO of Cutler Bay at (305) 278-8484 for emergency assistance.
Businesses in Cutler Bay Can Fall Victim to Water Intrusion Throughout the Winter Months.
If your business has a water damage, call SERVPRO of Cutler Bay we are ready to help.
SERVPRO of Cutler Bay Provides Commercial Water Damage Restoration to Local Business.
Cutler Bay is a small suburb located in Miami, with a population of around 45,000 residents. Cutler's history extends far back with archaeological evidence of indigenous tribes having first settled there over 10,000 years ago. As a part of the Union, Cutler was first established in the 1880s but only became an incorporated township in 2005. Like much of Florida, residents here enjoy hot summers, white beaches, a wealth of greenery, and coastal waterways. The nearby Charles Deering Estate is home to the Cutler fossil site, which has archaeological remains of saber-toothed tigers, California Condors, and Wooly Mammoths. The modern-day coastal town provides a fresh blend of nightlife, food outlets, and bars that line the bay's boardwalks.
What separates this township from surrounding Miami is the hundreds of greenery miles, national parks, and coastline. Larry and Penny Thompson park grounds stretch out to a stunning 300 acres of wildlife. Visitors to the site can take advantage of some 200 campsites that allow city dwellers to get back to nature over a weekend by fishing, hiking, and camping- all the while maintaining access to clean, running hot-water. For a more foraging focused trip, there's the fruit and spice park on 187th Avenue. Tours take place covering the abundance of fruit and vegetation between 11 am and 3 pm each day. The Fruit and Spice park plays host to over 50,000 visitors each year who explore the 37 acres of unique wildlife species.
- The Blackpoint Ocean Grill on Blackpoint Marina serves up a culinary feast of fresh seafood every day alongside an alluring range of cocktails. Frequented by yacht owners, sea captains, residents, and tourists, the marina's stunning views make this an iconic destination in Cutler Bay.
- Zoo Miami is one of the largest zoos in this US corner, spanning over 700 acres with 100 exhibits to explore. Starting on South-West 152nd St, the zoo and gardens provide hours of entertainment for visitors to the Sunshine State.
- Redland Market has been providing Cutler Bay residents and restaurants with various fantastic local produce since as far back as 1987. The market village is enormous and offers live entertainment, local food trucks, and hundreds of stalls selling unique products to eager visitors. Getting there early is a must for beating the hustle, with opening hours starting at 7 am on Saturday and Sundays.
Explore Cutler Bay's Miami-Dade Heritage by Visiting the Deering Estate.
The Deering Estate is part of the National Register of Historic Places with openings to explore the grounds and museum. Charles Deering was a 20th-century industrialist from Chicago who developed these grounds between the 19th and 20th centuries. As an avid art collector and preservationist, the estate encapsulates both his philanthropic approach to life as well as numerous hiking trails that offer breathtaking experiences of the protected wildlife. The Deering Estate covers over 444 acres of land, which includes the Atlantic Rock Ridge as well as the meeting point between the Everglades and the Biscayne Bay. The oldest buildings on offer date back to 1896, while the Stone House is a shining example of modernist architecture.
The Deering Estate remained in the family until 1986 when Florida purchased the land to open it for public use. Much of the contemporary art collection stored in the Stone House was taken to the Art Institute of Chicago. However, the remaining collection of tapestries, sculptures, crockery, and canvases are open to Cutler Bay residents all year round. Visitors to the historic site can choose from a range of guided tours and experiences or head out on the trails by themselves. The recent re-opening allows visitation throughout with social distancing and Florida State Covid protocols being followed at all times. The main entrance for the Deering Estate is on Southwest 72nd Avenue.
- The estate opens to the public everyday between 10 am and 5 pm, with admissions, only accepted up until 4 pm. Children under the age of three years can enter for free, while concessions are available for Seniors and Veterans.
- Natural Preserve Tours occur from the main entrance at 12:30 pm every day, where guides inform visitors of the endangered species, archaeological sites, and terrestrial caves, among many other exciting natural aspects located on the grounds.
- The estate also offers seasonal tours that run throughout the year. These include exhibitions of artists, natural photography, night hikes, and daily historical tours. Check their website to find out more information.
- There are also opportunities for space rentals for events, group tours, visits, and Kayaking. Kayaking takes place on the Biscayne Bay and is well-suited to beginners. Kayaks, life jackets, paddles, and bags are provided for those taking a Kayaking tour.
Businesses experiencing Commercial Water Damage in their Cutler Bay Premises Can Contact SERVPRO for Expert Assistance.
Business interruption can occur in many forms, but one of the leading causes of temporary closure to your business is water intrusion. We can provide locally-based restoration technicians within four hours of notification of loss. Our qualified technicians have experience working on large commercial premises and access to large drying equipment like DX machines. Keeping temporary closures to a minimum and communicating with premises managers throughout the process is essential to providing good quality restoration. Our crew chiefs can provide you with detailed verbal estimates, timeframes, and special services to allow you to plan your business recovery more effectively.
- SERVPRO technicians work closely with insurance adjusters to create detailed estimates and restoration timeframes for businesses.
- All our work is digitally recorded to allow for maximum transparency during the restoration procedure. The information recorded can be passed on to your insurance provider.
- Our staff can offer unique services such as document drying, installing vapor barriers, and inspecting heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
If your business suffers from a sudden water loss incident. Contact SERVPRO of Cutler Bay at (305) 278-8484.
Why Choose a Mold Removal and Repair Company that Understands the Local Area?
Trust SERVPRO--Your Local IICRC--Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification for mold remediation for your Cutler Bay property
Cutler Bay Residents Need Mold Removal and Repair from Companies that Understand
Cutler Bay is a great place to live and work. It is close enough to the coast and the local marinas to offer coastal living, with easy access to Miami's amenities. However, the area's damp and humid climate can cause issues with fungal growth in local homes.
It is not uncommon to need mold removal and repair in Cutler Bay. SERVPRO customers sometimes tell us they are confused as to where the fungus is coming from. If they have not suffered recent storm damage, a leaking roof, or a plumbing problem, it does not seem to make sense that the mold is growing anyway.
How do humidity levels affect mold growth?
The reason local homes suffer from mold growth is due to humidity. Most molds can thrive if the humidity of the air is more than 55%. Because Cutler Bayis in a low-lying wetland area, the humidity is frequently higher than that. The average humidity in the area is a staggering 72%, so no wonder mold proliferates here.
But why does humidity cause mold growth?
The fungus requires moisture to grow, and a humid atmosphere provides moisture. Mold also needs:
- Oxygen – there is always plenty of that around
- Warm temperatures – indeed not a problem in Florida
- An organic food source – clothes, wooden furniture, wallpaper, drywall, and paper all provide food
Why does local knowledge matter when choosing a mold company?
If you spot signs of mold in your home, it is far preferable to work with a mold remediation company that understands the local area. SERVPRO of Cutler Bay's local knowledge means we:
- Understand the challenges of living in a warm and humid town
- Are familiar with local homes and their construction materials
- Care about the town and its residents, because our team are residents here too
- Understand that humidity is an ongoing concern in the area, so finding ways to tackle it is an essential part of mold remediation
Does being local mean we have fewer resources?
Not at all. SERVPRO is an owner-operator franchise, one of four, which means our locally-led and managed teams have access to South Florida and national resources. We train all our franchise owners and technicians to the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) standards, which means they have national-level training. We also invest in ongoing professional development to ensure our technicians stay up to date.
Each franchise has access to the same powerful monitoring tools, drying equipment, and mold cleanup resources.
What will SERVPRO do to tackle humidity?
The first thing we do to tackle humidity is to measure current levels. We do this using a thermo-hygrometer. This device measures the relative humidity and temperature of an air mass by monitoring the change in the air's thermal conductivity. Thermal conductivity refers to the ability to conduct heat – more humid air does not conduct heat as effectively.
We can also use the thermo-hygrometer to compare the humidity in the rest of your home. We also measure levels outside of your home and near the HVAC system. Condo living means sharing walls and ceilings - we can liaise with your neighbors if needed. We can combine the thermo-hygrometer with other sensors and probes, including thermal imaging, for a complete overview of humidity and dampness in your home.
Once we have accurate readings to work from, we can start the drying process. We use a range of fans and air movers to encourage evaporation of water and dry out building materials. However, when it comes to humidity, one of the most useful tools is a dehumidifier. We set up dehumidifiers and calibrate them for optimum results. When we use air movers and dehumidifiers together, it is essential to set the dehumidifiers up correctly. The amount of moisture they remove from the air must equal or exceed the moisture created from evaporation.
Can SERVPRO help me keep the humidity down?
Our best advice is to invest in dehumidifiers and run them regularly in your home. You might like to purchase a unit that measures humidity for you, or you can buy a separate thermo-hygrometer to take measurements. Other tips to lower humidity in your home include:
- Use weatherstripping or caulk to seal up any air leaks around your home
- Do not dry wet laundry indoors
- Keep your home well ventilated and open the windows regularly
- Use your HVAC and make sure it is in good working order, as a damaged HVAC can make humidity worse
- If you are a plant lover, stick with outdoor plants, as having too many indoor plants can raise the humidity
If you need an understanding local mold removal company, call SERVPRO of Culter Bay at (305) 278-8484.
What are the Options for Handling Water Damage After a Storm?
After your home suffers flood damage, you need a team of professionals to assist you with cleanup. Call SERVPRO right away! We are always available.
Flood Damage Calls for Careful Consideration to Ensure Your Cutler Bay Property is Safe from Hidden Moisture Secondary Damage – SERVPRO Can Help!
Significant damage may arise when you have flooding within your Cutler Bay home after a recent storm. High-volume water loaded with contamination poses a threat to not only your belongings but also structural materials and framework. Acting rapidly is the smartest way to ensure you limit the loss and cut back on costs, which is where SERVPRO comes in. We are Faster to Any Size Disaster so that you have peace of mind in knowing that skilled technicians will be removing water and beginning restoration efforts in no time.
Will I Have to Worry About Exterior and Interior Wall Damage?
Any time you have flood damage in Cutler Bay, walls that come into contact with flood water might be compromised somehow. Our team includes skilled IICRC-certified technicians ready to use the latest water removal equipment, treatments to quell bacterial growth, and products inhibiting the onset of potentially harmful mold. Even though we have industrial-grade pumps and extraction tools, there might be a need for controlled demolition measures to remove any materials contaminated by floodwater.
We address walls in your home by doing the following:
- Interior walls – The interior walls may require flood cuts, which begin several inches over the waterline. Not only does this allow us to remove unsalvageable drywall, but it increased airflow and helps to gain access to any moisture or standing water inside.
- Exterior walls – All around your home where the water came in, we need to monitor and inspect exterior walls. We use moisture sensor technology to detect moisture pockets and tell us whether or not we must create drill holes for the water to drain out.
Our efforts will ensure your home gets restored to preloss condition, which is what sets SERVPRO of Cutler Bay apart from other companies in the area. When you need help with flood damage, give us a call 24/7 at (305) 278-8484.
What Are the Three Stages of Water Cleanup in Cutler Bay Homes?
Water restoration involves several steps and approaches beginning as soon as our SERVPRO of Cutler Bay team arrives.
After a water disaster in Cutler Bay, our SERVPRO team often follows three specific steps to restore and recover the property.
After a water disaster in Cutler Bay homes, cleaning up often requires specific steps taken in direct order. These phases encompass a large selection of the inventory of restoration tools available to our SERVPRO professionals. While the variances in the degree of these actions change from one site to the next, these foundational elements work to ensure water restoration practices' efficiency and efficacy.
Water cleanup for Cutler Bay properties focuses on protecting as much of a damaged home as possible when our technicians first arrive. Through powerful water removal tactics and drying techniques to potent cleaning products for flooring and wall surfaces, we can often make water disasters “Like it never even happened,” without excessive demolition or reconstruction requirements. The three primary phases of water recovery in a home often include:
Water removal is one of the foundational elements of mitigation to reduce the severity of water emergencies and the effect on the property. These practices often include tools like wet vacuums, submersible pumps, and larger truck-mount extractors as needed.
Moisture removal often focuses mostly on the impact water has had on the house's exposed structural elements and contents. The fundamental tools for this step include air movers, dehumidifiers, and portable electric heaters.
Between the potential for water staining and other concerns like dingy carpets and wood flooring, we have an assortment of potent cleaning products and practices to help.
What If Demolition is Necessary?
Having a team of in-house contractors that can help you quickly manage loss situations through repairs, demolition, and build-back saves a customer's time and money. Our contractors are involved in most steps of our restoration process in some regard.
Water restoration involves several steps and approaches beginning as soon as our SERVPRO of Cutler Bay team arrives. Give us a call anytime disasters strike at (305) 278-8484.
What are the Stages of Water Mitigation for Cutler Bay Homes?
Team SERVPRO fully evaluates the situation before taking action on your water damage emergency. Standing by to take your call 24/7.
Understanding what to expect before, during, and after mitigation can give you peace of mind with the restoration process after a water disaster.
Mitigation is a process designed to reduce the severity of loss conditions for Cutler Bay homes and businesses. With the likelihood of water disasters for area properties, the work that can alleviate some of the cost and time restoration requires can benefit homeowners. As with all recovery projects, there are actions that our SERVPRO professionals must take before vital mitigation, as well as follow up steps that can build on the work completed in this phase.
Understanding the full implications of water mitigation for Cutler Bay homes means appreciating the individual actions taken to reduce moving water, saturation, and structural deterioration. As a growing, reputable water restoration company for Miami-Dade County, our SERVPRO of Cutler Bay team has an extensive inventory of recovery tools and equipment as well as experienced technicians. Before we can utilize these to mitigate loss, our team must first determine the extent of the damage and the ideal approaches to restore it.
What Can You Expect When the Property Gets Evaluated?
Job scoping is a valuable aspect of water restoration for Cutler Bay area homes. The process gets conducted by our competent project manager, who can walk through the property with you to learn whatever possible about the work areas. Several vital pieces of information can get collected through the inspection and evaluation of the damaged property.
While homeowners can share critical facts about the damage with the staffed emergency line, we have several focal points to identify during a physical walk through the residence. This data gets inputted into our DryBook software for estimations and a baseline to establish drying progress moving forward. Job scoping identifies:
- Present water damages
- Structural concerns
- Content damage
- Pre-existing conditions
How Does SERVPRO Meet Drying and Restoration Goals?
After inspecting your property, our SERVPRO crew chief and project manager work on an effective restoration plan. This layout of the intended actions and use of specific equipment seeks to meet specific goals and milestones for drying and restoration throughout the entire process. When our efforts fail to meet the proposed deadlines and progress markers, more equipment, or varying approaches might be required to improve the processes' efficiency. We have several different areas where we must meet restoration goals, and these do not exclusively relate to drying.
- Moisture Content – When we first review the property, we can establish the initial moisture content readings for materials and the environment. Each affected area might require different lengths of time to show drying progress.
- Content Cleaning – While relocation can positively affect preventing irreparable damages to your personal belongings, cleaning is often necessary both on and off-site. Meeting restoration expectations is getting items into safe, dry storage as soon as possible.
- Structural Repair/Replacement – It is often not challenging to identify many of the structural elements that require removal and replacement when mitigation begins. Progress in this regard is established in two primary timelines: controlled demolition and reconstruction.
- Customer Concerns – Your specific requests and priorities are a different motivation for restoration progress evaluations. We seek to meet your expectations as quickly as possible to put you at ease in a challenging time.
What Tools Are Commonly Seen in Mitigation?
The actual mitigation process encompasses several necessary actions designed to make later restoration more efficient. While many consider water removal and extraction to be the heart of this process, several tools and techniques can help recover and restore your damaged residence in this phase, including:
- Desiccant Dehumidifiers – Desiccants are not the only type of dehumidifiers available to our SERVPRO team, but they are preferred with their ability to exhaust warm, dry air back into the work area to increase evaporation of materials in the drying zone.
- Extractors – Water removal is critical to protecting exposed materials and contents in the house. Submersible pumps can be a popular choice for this extraction.
- Wet Vacuums – Wet debris and material remnants around the house can be a challenging threat for restoration and a catalyst for microbial growth. Wet vacuums can remove these solids.
- Detection Devices – Continued monitoring of the drying process is vital to track the progress of evaporation and the possibility of preserving exposed structural elements or contents.
As vital as mitigation is to reduce out-of-pocket expenses, many homeowners delay calling our SERVPRO of Cutler Bay team to attempt cleaning and recovery on their own. Our professionals are available 24/7 to help save you time and money at (305) 278-8484.
Is There a Company Serving Cutler Bay that Helps Prepare My Business to Survive Fire Damage or other Disasters?
Look to SERVPRO of Cutler Bay for disaster preparedness strategies as well as immediate interventions when a crisis strikes.
Consult with SERVPRO About Our Emergency READY Profile and Plan (ERP) -- We Create Peace of Mind for Forward-Thinking Business Owners Concerned About the Potential Effects of Fire Damage in Cutler Bay
Unless you are in the fire restoration business yourself, it is unlikely that you and your cleaning staff can respond appropriately to the cleanup of smoke, soot, and odors during a fire aftermath in Cutler Bay. Although it can be uncomfortable to consider the stress and devastation of a fire loss, we urge you to plan for it nonetheless. You pre-plan for many other contingencies affecting your business. Do not miss an opportunity to keep your company and legacy strong.
How Would Pre-Planning Using the Emergency READY Profile and Plan ERP) for Fire Damage Recovery Help My Business?
Although it is hard to imagine precisely the ways fire damage negatively impacts Cutler Bay business operations, our experience in disaster mitigation, remediation, and restoration offers insight. Statistically, businesses that close their doors even temporarily risk a permanent shutdown nearly 50 percent of the time. Developing an ERP with our team helps improve restoration turnaround efficiency and offers you a recovery narrative for customers that is likely to inspire confidence.
• Our crews are familiar with your layout and operations, streamlining initial assessment, and emergency services.
• We know your priorities and systems and have access immediately after the firefighters leave.
• You can designate employees or other individuals to act on your behalf in the ERP if you are unavailable at critical times.
What Is the ERP Development Process?
You call SERVPRO and set up a time for an experienced project manager to evaluate your commercial property. We sketch out a blueprint of your space and communicate with you about how we would approach disaster response. If we note vulnerabilities, we make recommendations that can minimize fire risk. Our observations plus the details you add using our mobile app result in a concise, digital document that guides our responding crew members if a fire occurs.
Look to SERVPRO of Cutler Bay for disaster preparedness strategies as well as immediate interventions when a crisis strikes. Call us at (305) 278-8484 to explore what we can offer your business.
What Repairs Might Happen Before Water Damage Restoration?
Sometimes drywall needs removing to expose the structure for drying.
Cutler Ridge Properties Often Need Stop-Gap Mitigation
While water extraction and damage cleanup are often among Cutler Ridgehomes' priorities after a disaster, some actions often occur before mitigation steps can begin. Effective mitigation, including water removal, must often happen within a 48-hour window from the initial exposure of materials and contents, making emergency services that happen before job scoping on a critical timeline.
Water damage repair for Cutler Ridge means more than the build-back services often required of our in-house contractors after the restoration completes. There are multiple rehabilitation and reconstruction phases, starting as soon as our professionals first arrive, including:
- Plumbing Damage – Between broken hoses and fixtures feeding appliances like the dishwasher and clothes washing machine to plumbing throughout the property, repairing damaged pipes and connections prevent worse conditions.
- Board Up – Structural damages can often involve your property's exterior, leaving vulnerable areas for flooding. Board up and tarping are quick solutions to get mitigation started.
- Debris Removal – The degradation and deterioration of exposed materials can generate debris and rubbish. We can clean and discard these remnants before mitigation gets underway.
When Does Controlled Demolition Occur?
Controlled demolition is often a needed element in the restoration and recovery of water-damaged structures. Pipe bursts can overwhelm porous materials like drywall, and removing compromised construction materials provides faster access for drying and a better foundation for reinstallation and reconstruction later. Controlled demolition is a carefully calculated process to reduce the time spent replacing discarded materials and to reduce expenses in the needed materials to make it "Like it never even happened."
As challenging as water damage property losses can often be, repairs and demolition must often occur before other restorative actions to make the house's recovery more efficient and cost-effective. Our SERVPRO of Cutler Bay team can help restore your property needs. Contact us at (305) 278-8484.
More about Cutler Ridge.
What Do I Need To Know Before Hiring Mold Removal Help In Cutler Bay?
Contact SERVPRO of Cutler Bay at (305) 278-8484 today for more information.
Any Business or Home in Cutler Bay Can End Up Needed Mold Remediation – Here is What You Should Know
Anywhere you have moisture and high humidity, you can have mold. Since the mold spores are all around you, there is no escaping them. Most of the time, they are harmless. But when the spores bond with water, you get mold growth. SERVPRO has professional mold remediation techs in Cutler Bay that are trained to clean up the mold.
Do I Need a Mold Inspection?
If you own your home, the answer is no. If you can see mold or smell it, you have a problem. If you are buying a home, you might want to hire a certified mold inspector. If you own a business, you may need an industrial hygienist (IH) to formally diagnose the problem and propose a plan for the restoration company. Mold remediation isn’t always as complicated as it can seem. A good mold remediation company in Cutler Bay takes you through the process and should be competitively priced.
What Should I Look for in a Mold Remediation Specialist?
First off, they should always have the proper certification. SERVPRO’s technicians are the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified and trained as Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians (AMRT). Your local guidelines may also require specific mold licensing under the contractor’s license.
The business you hire should be able to outline the mold removal process in a way you can clearly understand. If they confuse you or try to scare you into hiring them, walk away. Other things to look for include:
• Personal Protective Equipment – PPE should always be worn when working with mold. A high-quality filtration mask and the appropriate gloves are a must. For larger projects and remediation that uses harsh chemicals, full protective suits may be needed.
• Containment – Mold professionals use things like plastic sheeting to seal off the affected area to stop the mold spores from traveling to other areas of the home.
• Professional Equipment – The equipment used should be designed for the job, HEPA vacuums, HEPA air scrubbers, and commercial dehumidifiers at not things the average handyman has.
• Air Purification – Once the mold is removed, the air needs to be cleaned to remove airborne mold spores. A combination of air exchange and air scrubbers get used to do this job. HEPA filters should be used as they are designed to catch the microscopic spores.
• Proper Disposal – Professionals should dispose of porous materials such as insulation, drywall, and baseboards that are moldy. Porous materials absorb water and mold, making them difficult, if not impossible, to clean. These items are relatively inexpensive to replace.
• Antimicrobial Cleaners – Once the controlled demolition and removal of affected elements has occurred, any remaining mold spots or stains get treated with these cleaners. Fungicides get used as well.
• Sealers or Encapsulants – To prevent the return of mold and make the area more water-resistant, sealants and encapsulants may be used. This can help with the odors as well.
Dealing with Moisture
If you have a mold problem, you have a moisture problem as well. The professionals search out the source of the moisture and address it. Often the source is visible, like a kitchen sink pipe leak, but may be hidden. Moisture detectors and sensors get used in locating wet areas not easily seen. Once the containment is in place, and the mold, along with infected materials, is removed, the area is dried.
Mold Remediation Experience
Before employing a mold removal company, make sure they have experience handling situations involving mold. SERVPRO has years of experience in mitigating all kinds of mild infestations. From mold beneath your kitchen sink to an entire home that sat all winter with a burst pipe, our team has seen it all and provided professional mold remediation. Our Green Team technicians have both the IICRC and AMRT certifications. They are continually undergoing training to keep abreast of the latest cleaning and restoration techniques involving water, fire, and mold damage.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Not only does SERVPRO have well-trained and certified technicians, but we are fast to the scene. The longer the delay in addressing the situation, the more damage that is done. Our technicians are available twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week. We come to you even if it is a holiday. We understand you need your home in good repair, and our goal is to leave it “Like it never even happened.”
Mold can damage the content and structural elements of a home. It can cause health effects. Get mold remediation help right away if you see or smell mold in your home. If you have water leaks or think you have hidden water damage contact us immediately to prevent secondary problems such as mold and mildew.
Contact SERVPRO of Cutler Bay at (305) 278-8484 today for more information.